I’ve just been asked in LinkedIn about how to improve videos and the top reasons why videos fail.
This is what I’ve suggested:
1. Keep sight of the objectives and don’t turn the video into an art film; ‘art for art’s sake’.
2. Test, test and test again videos with the target audience on completion.
3. Don’t try to be all things to all people, thereby diluting the message.
4. Apply the ‘what can we leave out’ mentality more and ‘what have we missed’ less, so you prevent videos that are too long and boring.
5. Don’t continue to adopt a video strategy which thinks money will be saved with a ‘blockbuster’ ‘corporate brochure’ style video rather than videos that meet a smaller more frequent brief ‘a little and often’.